Sunday, March 29, 2009

Clear Dollar Stamps Challenge- PURPLE

Purple, it's not a hard color, I use purple a lot, heck I was wearing a purple wool sweater....until you HAVE to make a card using it! I decided to try the Clear Dollar stamps challenge thinking it would be pretty easy. I was wrong! Here is my entry for the challenge. Since I can't resist Charlie Horse or come to think of it, almost any horse stamp so I knew it would be one of those in my collection. Then what shade, what, if any designer paper.... I chose this paper from the DCWP Kids pack. I colored old Charlie with my copics the color of my horse Moose. I used a silver pen to get his shoes a shiny silver color. The star eyelets holes on the top are covered with purple rhinestones (had to keep that purple color going). I stamped the greeting in purple ink and it is mounted in a SU frame and stuck on with lime green grossgrain ribbon.
At this point, I am thinking this could end up being the graduation card for DD's college graduation in May.

3 comments:

wendyp said...

Super cute!!!

Codi Jo said...

Hi Betty, had to comment on your cute charlie horse. Aren't these horsey stamps so fun to color? I gotta check out your blog to see what else you're up to.

Laurie Wilson said...

This is cute! I like how you took the star theme and that adorable paper and went from there... I also like how the green ribbon really contrasts but yet coordinates with the purple. so cute how you colored Charlie!