Monday, December 6, 2010

Birthday graduated accordian fold card


Here's a wow card that's so easy to do:  Figure out the size of your envelope.  Multiply time 3, (remember to leave room so it fits) cut from as shown, score and fold.    I'm sure you'll figure it out.  I had some gifted envelopes in a strange size I wanted to use so unless I know what you have, I can't give you measurements. 


I used ivory cardstock for the base.  Used Cuttlebug folders and DP is from an awesome Hobby Lobby Paper Studiopack called Mirabelle.  Sponging ink over the cuttlebugged folders adds depth as does edge sponging.  The horse is a stamp from The Angel Company and the greeting is one from The Stamps of Life.   Now you may ask about the cool brads...they are actually paper!  I used a small circle punch, punched one from the DP, and layered that on 2 cardstock pieces.  I use a drop of glue between each.  Then a mini-wooden bowl from a craft store that I used a rounded piece to push the 'brad' in to make it look like a brad.  To give it a good shine I put a piece of wax paper in it and rubbed it some more.  Then a dot of home-make glue dots* to adhere them.  I can't take credit for the brad idea but not sure where I saw it so if someone knows let me know so I can give them credit.  I think the lace was from Hobby Lobby too. 

*GLUE DOTS- drops of Eileens Tack it Over and Over glue on left over scraps of Xyron paper, label/sticker sheets or what I use, ATG roll paper.  Let them sit 45 min then put another layer on top.  You can make whatever size you want and they only cost pennies for hundred, not $5!  It has to be TACK IT OVER AND OVER and you can't use wax paper.  I sent my hubby to Michaels to get the glue as Hobby Lobby didn't carry it here.  He comes home with 3 bottles.  I can make glue drops till the cow come home or I'm 120 whichever comes first. 




1 comment:

Jenny Gropp said...

This is a stunning card, the cut, the fold, the image, the papers--- all together are just perfect!!!!