Sunday, April 27, 2008

Mini-Mister Giraffe



I received inspiration from Tim Holtz blog on making sparkle misters using Ranger Distress reinkers, Perfect Pearls and mixing in water. It's all done in the mini-mister, tiny little spray bottles. Recipe is 1 dropper (not drop) of reinker, a scoop of Perfect Pearls and fill the mister 3/4 full. He was right, they are addicting! You can make your own sprays so easy. I ended up ordering a bunch of the mini-misters.



This card (5 X 6.5") has the background made by spraying my mister made with Marmalaide Distress reinker and copper PP. I sprayed my matt cardstock (CS) with the spray, let dry and stamped the images on with gray, black and dark green dye inks. All images by Dream Impressions. I distress the edges with a thread cutter, like what Tim uses only I picked up mine at JoAnn for a couple bucks. I layered that onto black cardstock I distressed the edges on then added black eyelets.


My main image was embossed in black on a mustardy colored CS. I tore around the image and rubbed black distress ink on with foam cut and dry (I sound like a Ranger commercial). I layered that on black mullberry with raffia. HINT: To tear your mulberry paper easily, brush water where you want it to tear. I usually have an aqua painter with water handy for that. This is a morph of Technique Junkies Burnt edges technique


I wish you could see the shimmer in the background on this but alas, scanners just don't do justice to anything sparkly. :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this Giraffe. Very nice design.
Stamping in the Fort
Nancy Leimer

http://theeccentriceclectic.blogspot.com