Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Shadow bucking horse & real live sleeping horses!

I seem to have gone retro this past weekend.  I saw a card on SCS using shadow stamps and decided to dig mine out.  I wonder what caused these to 'go out of style' so to speak?  The first one I did I thought I could just eyeball..boy was I wrong!  I had to mark the center of each side and pull out the stamp positioner to get things lined up.  The shadow stamps are from Dream Impressions and I stamped in SU saffron, Dusty Durango, Tangerine and Ranger Distress new Sage.  Next I stamped the bucking horse (SU) in black and edged the card using my score pal. I wanted to try to give it a little depth so took a C01 Copic marker and edged it on one side and the bottom.   Very clean and simple and just one layer.  Gotta love that right!

Now here is something you don't see very often.  All 4 of my horses were sleeping flat out.  Since horses are prey animals (food for predators) usually one will stay up and guard.  They must either have been really tired or felt safe.  I know you can really only see 2 or 3 if you look but all 4 were down.  Now I know you must be thinking but horses can sleep standing up right?  Well yes they can lock their knees and doze up but they need REM sleep just like us and the only way to do that was to lay down.  This was taken Saturday, cold, windy and just plain yukky.  Now Sunday was beautiful, as is the rest of the week so far. 

1 comment:

Neet said...

I read this and thought how interesting. Something I never knew about horses. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.