Monday, March 1, 2010

Koala Bear - Gina K

Here's another card I made with Gina K's new Hang In There release.  I thought these would be good cards to send my kids when they are down on themselves and need a little encouragement. 
I ran Craft cardstock base card through the branch Cuttlebug folder and highlighted it with green ink, just straight from the pad.  Then I sponged the edges of the base with the same green and used my Crop-a-Dile Corner Chomper to round all the corners.   I do love that little thing.  I was thinking after I bought it maybe I shouldn't have but it does a great job and punches through the 2 layers of a base like butter. 
I stamped the Koala bear in black Distress ink on another piece of Craft CS.  It stays wet long enough to emboss.  Sprinkled with fine black embossing powder.  Then I got a little cup with some fresh bleach in and painted the bleach on the image to bleach the area so I could color it in.  I used my Prisma Color pencils and blended with Gamsol.   I cut a mask and stamped the leaves over the image that I cut out with a nestie and distressed the edges with my distress tool...aka thread cutter and embossed the greeting in black too.   Then just layered on black and a nice brown and added buttons. 

No comments: