Friday, November 7, 2008

7 Days of Moose - Day One

Those of you that know me, know I love horses and my most favorite horse of all time is Moose. I've owned a lot of good horses (and some bad) and he is by far the most naturally talented horse of all. Sometimes I think I did a disservice by not continuing to show or sell him to a show home. Not that I didn't have offers but for some reason, Moose stayed, I just couldn't bring myself to let him go. So now he's 14 and I've had him for 13 years. He's the horse I'm riding in the profile picture. Oh, yes he's very big too.



Since I have a horse named Moose, it was natural I guess that I started collecting "Moose" things and people started collecting them for me. Stamps had to be included as one of those collectibles. I usually don't do 'cute' per say but the Hanna Stamps "Riley Moose" ones were just to "cute" to pass up. So today I will start my 7 days of Moose. These cards are all being sent to my daughter in Montana. She has had a hard fall with finishing up her senior year at UM in Geophysics and knee problems, with the possibility of surgery looming and she's been on crutches for 2 months now.



Onto the Day One:





Since my daughter loves to knit, this one of a Moose knitting was the first stamp in my cart. I did a layer of stripped DP and used the cuttlebug folder for the blue portion. I used the nestibiltities for the greeting; Live Laugh Love which was a stamp by Just Rite. The Moose image was stamped in black and colored with colored pencils and went over with Gamsol, the Gamsol technique of coloring. After attaching it to the layers, I knew I had to have some yarn (aka fiber) on there someplace so I attached a piece with a Fastenator brad.

Be sure to come back. There are 6 more Riley cards.

1 comment:

Jo said...

That is so cute - now I will have to make a trip to our H.L. which is about 45 minutes away.