Friday, January 23, 2009

Pregnant moose

Right after Christmas I received an email from some dear friend's in England that they are expecting! I was so excited and in the middle of placing another order from Hanna Stamps for more Moose stamps....she had a sale, I couldn't resist.


Anyway, I had to add this pregnant moose stamp to my cart and here is the card I sent them.

I realized after starting to dig in my designer paper stash that I really don't have anything babyish, I tend to lean more for naturals or outdoorsy stuff. So this was as close as I have and I was bummed there wasn't any pink. I think her 'mum' will like the idea of a boy but his mum would like a girl, she has 3 boys, her side has 2 girls. Whatever they have they will be fantastic parents.

Anyway, I used the paper as a background on my 5X7 card. Used it another direction for the image layer and the backside for the nestie bottom layer. (does that make sense?) I stamped the image on my patterned paper and cut the dress out. Colored the moose with my new copics (I'm really loving them) and tied ribbon on the bottom. The oval congratulations is by JustRite, ribbon from Hobby Lobby and flowers are from a bunch of silk flowers I bought.


No comments: