Monday, October 12, 2009

Goodbye Sarah....

I really wish this card would have photographed better, it really was prettier in real life.
I made it for a co-worker that got a new job and we always pass a card around for everyone to sign. This is an 8 1/2 X 5 1/2 card, a full sheet folded. It needed to be big for 40+ people to sign. If you haven't tried to make a card that big, it's a challenge that's for sure.
The image is Gerber Daisy's from Flourishes. I stamped it and then cut it with a Spellbinder Label. The overhang was cut and lifted over the die before I ran it through so it didn't cut. The 3 layers of DP is from a pack I got at Hobby Lobby. There are 2 layers on the bottom ( the blue layer had a border cut with a Martha punch but you can't see it in the pictures) with a wrap of Rafia lace my dear friend Maggie from England sent me. We have this deal, I send her things I can get here and she sends me things from England. I can't wait to go back and visit her again. Hopefully this time more than just a few minutes.
Back to the card, The good luck was stamped in Red Riding hood and is a Dream Impressions stamp. I colored the daisy's with Prisma colors and gamsol blended. and then I added a large white ribbon. By Sarah good luck and we'll miss you!

No comments: