Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Zindorf Inspired



If you have spent any time on Split Coast Stampers you must have seen some of Michelle Zindorf's creations. She takes so much time and does such great tutorials on her blog that is much appreciated by many. A while back she did a tutorial for a card similar to mine.

I didn't have all the colors she used inks I had mostly Distress inks and the shadow of the lighter mountains in the background are from mementoes gray and the tree is from Sunday International. I think the leaves coming off the tree onto the base is from Meer Images. The image piece is a 4 in square. I distressed the edge and rubbed Walnut distress ink on it. It's layered on a 5 inch base. I had planned on layering it a little more but really liked it without anything else but a few leaves trailing off stamped in Curry.
Then I did highlighting with a white pen on the trees, mountain tops and flowers in foreground.

I also made this one.

This one uses trees from I Brake for Stamps.
Which one do you like better?

2 comments:

Kathy Eddy said...

Wow, great job Betty! I love them both but I think I like the second one better. Very pretty! Kathy Eddy

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Your bg's are fabulous Betty. I struggle with bg's. It takes me quite a few tries before I can tolerate one enough to make a card out of it....*grin*