Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Halloween!


Here are the cards I made to mail to my kids (ok so they are 27 and 23, they are still my kids!) I'm not sure which one goes to who yet but here's what I did.
Now the pictures on the left was taken on my picnic table...in the SNOW! Ignore the thing on the top of the card, it's a leaf I didn't notice. LOL
I used a retired SU set First I cut out the size of Hexagone I wanted on Eggplant CS then I embossed the cat with black EP and bleached it. When it was dry, I colored the cat with Prismacolor pencils then blended with Gamsol. I generally do my image first and then cut but sine I embossed, I didn't want that breaking up with all the pressure. I layered it with Lime green and Pumpkin Spice. The card base is Pumpkin spice that was embossed with the pumpkin Cuttlebug folder and I ran black ink over it. The greeting is stamped on a fancy Spellbinder tag. HINT: To get those to fancy sides to stick, I run them through my Xyron sticker maker. I have a spiral clip on the top of the image layers with a purple ribbon tied on. Yes, the ribbon is really a nice matching dark purple that didn't show up in the snow! LOL
The card on the right is a 5X7 card. I started out embossing the witch from I Brake for Stamps in black and then coloring in the moon with a Vermarker pen and embossing it with clear powder. Then I stamped the trees from various vendors on the bottom and embossed them in black too. I sponged curry, pumpkin spice around the moon and then baja blue, eggplant and black on the rest of the white. Next I stamped a few bats from Gina K by the moon. I layered it on black and Pumpkin spice (love that color!) and cut a fence with Martha Stewart punch for the bottom. I wish I would have made it extend the whole width of card though. Oh well. Then I stamped Inkadinkado leaves trailing behind the witch in black and in Pumpkin on the white card base. I stamped the greeting (SU) on a fancy Spellbinder tag along with a couple more bats and added a couple black button brads.
Hey, no DP on these cards!

No comments: