Saturday, February 27, 2010

Challenge cards

Ahhh, I was able to get a few challenge cards done today and able to combine a couple too so that made me happy.  We are still cold and dreary here in ND.  We didn't get the snow the east has but it sure just can't warm up.  Our high for the day was 19 and that is at 9 pm!
  This one is for the Our Creative Corner sketch and CCEE color challenge.
 
I used the cute little racoon from Gina K new release Hang in There.  The color challenge was Ruby Red, Black and Caramel....so I grabbed craft and didn't realize it until it was almost done.  I suppose the challenge police are going to arrest me so I hope you visit me in stamping jail!    I embossed the image in detail black and bleached it then colored it with Prismacolor pencils with Gamsol.  I also embossed the greeting.  The color was way off and it was real lighting so not sure what's up, it looks so washed out but I was sick of taking pictures and gave up.  

3 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a cute scene.....thanks for playing with the CCEE

Debra said...

Oh No! I am still a newbie to cards. There are challenge police! Great card :)

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Awwww! What an adorable card with that sweet (did I really write "sweet"?) racoon image. I write that because I was trapped once by a racoon in our garage and was scared outta my wits! LOL! No challenge police for you either; we love that you played in our CCEE challenge!