Saturday, February 27, 2010

Sympathy card

Sharon had a challenge over here to make a sympathy card so I decided to play.  It sure seems like I've been going through a lot of these recently, along with dog sympathy cards. So here is what I came up with it's triple embossed! 
I used Stardream cardstock for the base and layers.  I used a cuttlebug folder that I masked off the middle using a frame mat to omit the embossing in the middle.   Then using a Gina K lily from Year of Flowers I embossed that in a pearlesent powder.  That's the 2nd layer of embossing.  So the third...I stamped With Sympathy in gold Encore ink right over the flower and sprinkled detail gold powder on.  Now the trick here is to have the gun hot before you heat it and keep the gun moving and watch it so it doesn't leak into the other powder.  I got a little leakage but not too bad that I won't use it.  I popped the top layer up for a little dimension and put pearls on the corners.  I think this would make a nice wedding card too.

1 comment:

colleen said...

Hi Can you tell me what is how you framed your card in your cuttlebug I really like the sentiment in the middle but wondered how you left a space??? Thanks Colleen cdmoore@shaw.ca