Sunday, January 24, 2010

Our Creative Corner Sketch Challenge


OCC has challenges each week.  I know I didn't follow it exactly but I've had these stamps from Paper Trey Ink for a long time and been dying to ink them up.  I needed a birthday card for my sister-in-law so thought this would be perfect. 
I used a Cuttlebug folder on the top.  The bottom is a Martha Stewart punch with some ribbon in the middle.  Ink is Certainly Celery.  There are a couple pearls on the Happy Birthday die cut too.  I ended up having to sponge the greeting, something got on it (not ink) and I didn't want to redo it.  Gotta love sponging to cover up things like that!  It's really quite simple but I like it.  It reminds me of spring and since we were forecast to have a nasty storm these past 3 days and possible power outage, I need spring!  Oh, the power outage and storm never did hit.  Thank you California for not sending your worst!  LOL  I think you kept most of the moisture.  I do hope you get a break now. 

2 comments:

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This is so pretty - light and spring-like. I love the way you interpreted the OCC sketch - very nice twist using the dry embossing across the top. So happy you could join in the fun with us this week at the OCC.

Unknown said...

Your card is FANTASTIC! Soooo pretty! Great job on the challenge. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Our Creative Corner.