Sunday, January 17, 2010

Whiff of Joy Challenge

I'll admit, I fell in love with the stamps from Whiff of Joy when I first saw them. What I find most impressive is the quality and service. I can order them from Switzerland, get them in a week and pay less in shipping than most US companies!
I am very impressed with the talent of the design team Katharina has secured and am a little intimidated by even trying to be a guest designer as my style is a little more clean and simple so all the layers are hard to incorporate. Not that I don't like layers but I mail 95% of my cards and want them to go without extra postage. But since I had a day to create yesterday I thought I'd what the heck, I'd try, I mean any chance to get free Whiff of Joy stamps to play with is sweet!
I was a little bummed my old camera's batteries were dead and had to use the new one my hubby bought me...It is supposed to be a much better camera but I like my old one.
Anyway, I made mine 5 X 5 (I can mail it in a 5X7 envelope so I don't have to use extra postage). The stamp is from the Winter collection and I colored her with Copics. The DP is by DCWV. I used all sorts of Spellbinder dies, dots Cuttlebug folder and the little flowers are some I've had in my stash, they are wooden. You see I'm on a kick, I organized my stuff and labeled everything so I don't spend hours looking for something.

I also did this card. I love that chilly Charlotte stamp by WOJ, colored with Copics. I cut her out and mounted her on the spellbinder die.

1 comment:

Katharina Frei said...

Two super cute cards!! Thanks for the link on your startpage to this post, otherwise I might have gotten lost :)
Thanks for joining in and for your lovely comments about our stamps and service!
Katharina x