Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Penguins!

This little guy is so cute. He's from Firecracker Designs by Pamela. I did a mirror image with him. First I stamped him with black soot distress inks (they stay moist longer) and embossed him on the cut nestie label. Then I stamped again on my stamp positioner sheet, flipped it over and pressed on it to make the mirror image. The background was masked, sponged and I colored the penguin's scarf and ear muffs with a red Copic and beak with orange, using a lighter color for the mirror image. DP paper is from a Hobby Lobby Christmas package I bought a few years ago. I layered the stamped image on a fleur de lis Spellbinder pendant. I cut out 2 and then cut the bottom off both and put together.
I stamped GOTCHA on a small tag, sponged the edges and hung on the edge of pendant with a red safety pin. It's embellished with a snowflake I got in the Hobby Lobby ornament department and a clip I HAD to have this clip applicator and some clips and never use them! I'm sure no one else does that right?

2 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Adorable, adorable and more of that!!! Love your technique- awesome card!!!

Ret said...

I love, love, love this card!! Great cute penguin card! Awesome!!