I really can't take total credit for this, I totally cased it from DD! When she was home for Christmas break and making up cards, she did one like this. I usually have tons of background done that I don't use and she comes up with the greatest ideas for them. I miss having her around.
This card is 5 X 7 inches and uses the masking tape background.
HINT: since the masking tape makes cards so heavy, I used text weight paper.
In case you don't know what the masking tape background is; tear off different sized of masking tape and put on the base. In this case, the more ragged the better. Next I took Marmalade Distress ink and rubbed across the top and Peeled paint Distress ink on the bottom. I stamped the elephants by I Brake for Stamps (Elephants DG-13) in Palet black ink. Then to keep it from rubbing on my hands, I heat set it for a while and then turned it over and on scrap paper and rubbed the back to get any extra ink off.
Now I know it looks like it's cut crooked and I did that on purpose...for a change. LOL
It's layered on black paper that I distressed the edges with a thread cutter. Yes a thread cutter is what the paper distressers really are. You can pick up one for a buck or so at any fabric store.
I used the spiral punch for the side and layered all this on some raffia. It looks a lot better IRL and makes a great masculine card.