Sunday, February 22, 2009

Miss you















Here's a couple more I sent my kids. Again the stamp are Charlie Horse from Clear Dollar Stamps. I was going to do both of them as a circle but realized that I could save Wizard cranking time if I did one in another shape and run them through the same time. So one is square. The one I sent DD (circle) is colored like her horse. She called after she got him last night and said the horses she gets are always colored like Scooter, her favorite horse. BUT, she said remember, I have Duchess too! Ok, I'll have to remember that.

Back to the cards. I colored old Charlie (or in my book they are Scooter and Moose) with copics. The bottom piece of the hoofs, what I'm guessing is the horseshoe, is colored with a metallic silver marker. I layered that on brown and dotted the scallops with brown marker. I tried white and didn't like it. The DP is Hobby Lobby brand again (that's where I shop!). The card base is that color I don't know what it is. Is there a chance it's Sahara Sand? It's sort of a green? I tore the DP and layered on the base.

The mesh is actually drywall mesh. I had a half a roll left from when I finished the basement. To dye it I ran Walnut Distress ink on it, heat set and turned over and rubbed to get excess ink off. Next I attached large eyelets (cropadile brand) on the sides and tied ribbon (again left over from DD's wedding, we had LOTS of it left!) I stamped the barbed wire and Miss You in brown along the bottom of the base and dotted. Did you know Barb wire and horses don't mix? Barb wire is a no-no when you have horses. They have such thin skin, unlike cattle, that they can seriously injure themselves. I have had many horses hurt on it. DD's show mare was caught in adjoining property barb wire fence and injured herself so bad she had to be put down. I DON'T LIKE BARB WIRE!

I cut word windows and put them on the top. I punched 2, folded them in half to mark and then cut in half. I used a star brad that matched the large eyelets and dotted them with brown marker again. Before I put them on, I liked DD's card with the circles best. After I added them I liked the square better. Funny how one little embellishment on basically the same card can make a difference.


No comments: