Friday, February 20, 2009

Breast Cancer


I read in our newspaper that an old co-worker and DD's 6th grade teacher is fighting breast cancer so I made her this card. I have had this stamp forever and am pretty sure it came as a free one or grab bag but don't know where from. I have lots of stamps that don't have 'owners' on, before I learned to write on the back!
I stamped the teapot on watercolor paper and painted with my SU ink pads and water brush. I wish I'd have done the pot a little different but at the time thought it would match the DP better. I used my nestie to cut it out and the pink mat and greeting piece. (Does anyone else have problems finding greetings to fit tags/labels/ word windows etc.?) I had the gold stickers that are on the pot in my stash, I always forget about them! That did add to the pot but should have made it a different color. I edged the greeting with gold leafing pen after I sponged the edges, there wasn't a nestie small enough to make a mat so this had to do.
The DP is from Hobby Lobby and I ran the green galore CS through the cuttlebug folder.
The ribbon is tied to a picture hanger that came silver and I colored with my leafing pen. Gotta love them for that. It's attached with a large gold brad I got at Office Depot.
It's all layered on Chocolate Chip on a white card base. The card is 5 X 7. You might wonder why a lot of my cards are that size? WELL, a co-workers mother works at a Hallmark store and saved me a HUGE box of envelopes. 90% of them are 5X7 so I am using those when I can.
I hope she likes it.

No comments: