Wednesday, February 18, 2009

More Africa


There are times I get in a rut and keep doing the same genre, Africa was it for a couple days. After I CASED DD's card, I kept seeing all the African stamps and animal print paper I have on my Africa stamp credenza tray (See archived June 2008 post to see my stamp storage). This card isn't at all what I had first thought about in my mind but that animal print just didn't look right with this stamp after it was colored so I put it back and dug out some different stuff.
I really like this 5 X 7 but when I flipped the photo, I don't like it in the picture but at least you get the idea.
What I don't like is I can't remember the color or where I got the card base and accent paper from, the light greenish stuff. I have a few sheets left and really like it. Oh well, that happens I guess.
The giraffe stamp is from I Brake for Stamps.
I stamped in black and colored with copics. This is one I think I did a pretty good job on. I tore the edges and sponged with frayed burlap distress ink. The DP is from an old pack of Ranger Paper that I totally forgot about. I cut it with a nestie and layered it on black and then a strip of the card base ran through a cuttlebug folder that I think looks like snake skin. I have never used it since I didn't like it but it was one I didn't have so bought it. Does anyone else do that?
I attached the corners with a black brad and again used raffia for my layer.
Another good masculine card.
So for those of you who don't know what to do for men, animals!

1 comment:

Bev said...

OMW this is just fabulous Betty - love the image (me being a girlie born and bred in Africa before meeting a daft Geordie and moving to the UK 20 years ago!!)

It's a small world, Ikea is still there only twice the size and covering two floors now!!

hugs Bev x