Friday, February 20, 2009

How's everything















A couple more cards I made to send my kids. Like everyone else they enjoy getting FUN mail and not just bills so I try to send them a card every week. It doesn't always happen though. This Charlie Horse stamp from Clear Dollar Stamps is perfect for stressed out college kids. My son is a grad student studying Central Eurasian studies at University of Indiana, Bloomington and DD is a Senior at Univ. of Montana, Missoula studying Geophysics. They are both stressed by school and getting good grades. Since we have Paints I had to make old Charlie a paint on both of these. A Paint is basically a Quarter horse that has a lot of white, like a pinto but of stock horse decent. The cards are the same basic layout but I added a Tim Holtz flower to DD's, to girl it up a little. The ribbon looking thing behind the image is cardstock ran through a argyle cuttlebug and the button is really a brad. My son's card I used die cut hinges on the side. I cut them out of metallic paint chips I picked up at a Home Depot. It was a blue shade so it matched the DP. I run all my small die cuts through my Xyron sticker maker and have them saved to use when I need them since it's so hard to glue small pieces.

No comments: