Monday, February 23, 2009

Buddha on glossy


Here is a card I made for my son, he's a grad student studying Central Eurasia history so he appreciates anything oriental. He's even seen the Dahlia Lama on campus, his brother use to teach there!
This Buddha is from Artistic Outpost - http://artisticoutpost.com/id2.html
The Buddha stamp is stamped in Pallet black on glossy cardstock and I stamped a kanji from Stampsmith stamp on the edges. I sponged the background in mustard, orange and a pink for the flowers. I colored the Buddha with copics. I then outlined the left edge of him with grey to shadow.
I tend to forget about glossy paper and really need to use it more...back to the basics! I remember when I first started stamping glossy was the RAGE. So many people didn't believe I stamped some cards when it was on glossy cardstock as they didn't even know you could buy it! LOL

That was all layered on a black piece of embossed DP I've had forever and then on some gold and black Origami paper. All of it was on a Mustard card base. Not counting the base, the whole card is 3 layers not 4. The glossy layer looks like 2. I even had to look a few times it had so much depth.
I think I'll have to play with my glossy cardstock more...I think I have a ream of it someplace!

No comments: