Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Love Never Melts



I love this stamp set from Firecracker Designs by Pamela. It seemed like a prefect stamp on a very cold February day in North Dakota. It seems like we've had a lot of those this winter along with lots of snow. I think we would have had to had a fire to get the snow sticky enough to make a snowman though!

I stamped the snowman and fire in black permanent ink on white CS and colored with copics. I am still on a learning curve with those things! I cut them out ran through the cuttlebug folder of dots then used white Liquid applique to fluff up the hat. and layered them on vellum ran through my snowflake cuttlebug folder. All that is layered on light blue that I put dotted with white gel pen.

I stamped the saying in light blue on a word window and then had fun with stickles making it look like icicles hanging down. Here is a closeup:

Then I added the silver cord and mounted on the white base. When my daughter got it, she was scared with the glitter.

1 comment:

FireCracker082 said...

this came out great Betty! I love the color choices too!